If you like banana bread, you’re going to go ape for this Chunky Monkey ice cream bread! This recipe takes the concept of 2-ingredient bread to a whole new level. I will probably never make banana bread any other way again – this is way too easy, and waaaay too good.
Chunky Monkey Ice Cream Bread
If you like banana bread, you’re going to go ape for this Chunky Monkey ice cream bread! This recipe takes the concept of 2-ingredient bread to a whole new level.
- 2 pints Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey ice cream, softened or melted
- 3 cups (375g) self-rising flour (or 360g AP flour + 1 tablespoon baking powder + 1 1/2 teaspoons salt)
- 1 very ripe banana, chopped
- 1 very delicious chocolate bar (I chose bittersweet), chopped
- Handful of walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
- Grease and flour bread pan, or line with parchment paper.
- Mix melted ice cream and flour until well combined. Add optional mix-ins.
- Pour into prepared bread pan.
- Bake for 1-1.5 hrs. This seems like a lot, but we’ve essentially made a double loaf in a single pan. If the top starts to brown too much, cover it with aluminum foil and continue to bake.
- Bread is done when a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.