This decadent Chocolate Turtle Cake showcases a creamy caramel layer on top of a rich chocolate cake. A small slice goes a long way to satisfy that sweet tooth.
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups pecans
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (14 ounce) bags caramels
- 1 1/3 cups water ( or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil ( or as called for by your cake mix)
- 3 eggs ( or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (18 ounce) boxes German chocolate cake mix
- Prepare cake mix as directed.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter in a 13x9 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- In a double boiler, add caramels, milk and butter and stir constantly till melted.
- Pour melted caramel over cooling cake.
- Sprinkle on top 1 cup of pecans& chocolate chips.
- Pour remaining batter on top and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 piece
Amount Per Serving Calories 415Total Fat 39gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 23gCholesterol 85mgSodium 137mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 3gSugar 13gProtein 5g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.