This is a super easy to make chocolatey Easter treat that everyone will love. They will think you worked on these for hours, not minutes.
Chocolate Easter Shortbread Bars
- 150gm pure icing sugar (1 cup)
- 200gm unsalted butter ( chopped) (7oz)
- 100gm dutch cocoa (1 cup)
- 100gm flour ( 1 cup).
- Silver sprinkles
- colored sprinkles
- Put all of the ingredients into a food processor and blitz till they gather into a ball. No longer as the dough will get warm and possibly tough. Just combine
- Push into a paper lined brownie tray. Push the dough evenly to the edges. I used the base of a glass to smooth the rough bits.
- Mark out the size that you would like to cut the dough. This will be cut when the shortbread is baked. 12 fingers or smaller pieces.
- Sprinkle the dough with a selection of sprinkles or colored sugar. Push gently into the dough to ensure they stick. This also creates a nice crunch
- I chilled mine for a couple of minutes before baking , just to rest them
- .Bake in a 170C/ 350F oven for approximately 20minutes, Cool completely before turning out and cutting
Recipe and Photo: My Kitchen Stories / CC BY-SA