It takes a while to make this Chocolate Dream Cake, but is easy and oh so worth it! It is a HUGE hit at parties, summer barbecues, or any type of gathering!
- 2-1lb 5.2oz (or close) boxes of Duncan Hines Fudge Brownie mix - Use the 2 egg recipe and milk instead of water
- 4 cups chocolate mousse (see below)
- 1/8 Cup Kahlua
- 4 Cup whipped cream (see below)
- 2oz. semi-sweet chocolate, shaved
- 2 Cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
EASY chocolate mousse:
- 1 3.9oz package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1/2 Cup milk
- 1 16oz COOL WHIP
- Chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- Mix brownies using 2 eggs recipe and milk not water.
- Line 2- 13x9" pans with wax paper. Grease bottom with oil or spray.
- Pour batter into pans and bake for 24-26 minutes.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean. **DO NOT OVER COOK**
- Allow to cool completely. Remove one brownie, in one piece, from one pan.
- Turn the brownie upside down and return to pan. Brush the brownie with Kahlua.
- Spread 2 cups of the mousse (approximately) evenly over the brownie, then spread 2 cups (approximately) whipped cream over the mousse.
- Shave chocolate, then sprinkle top evenly with shavings.
- Remove second brownie from the other pan, brush with remaining Kahlua, and place on top of the first brownie. (This will cause a layer of the mousse and whipped cream to be in the middle of the two brownie slices).
- Repeat layers, first spreading the remaining mousse, then the remaining whipped cream and shavings.
- Garnish with chocolate syrup when ready to serve
To make the whipped cream:
- Combine heavy cream and sugar.
- Beat until peaks form, this sometimes takes awhile. Do not overbeat, as this will make butter!
To make EASY chocolate mousse:
- Prepare pudding using 1 1/2C milk not 2.
- Fold into cool whip until blended. Refrigerate.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 721Total Fat 54gSaturated Fat 34gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 272mgSodium 156mgCarbohydrates 49gFiber 1gSugar 39gProtein 11g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.