Recipe for Chicken With Bacon And Rosemary – Get dinner on the table quick with this easy, flavor packed rustic style chicken dish.
Chicken With Bacon And Rosemary
Get dinner on the table quick with this easy, flavor packed rustic style chicken dish.
- About 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- About 3 teaspoons sweet paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 6oz cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 4 bacon rashers
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Heat a frying pan to high. On a sheet of baking paper, sprinkle over the oregano and paprika, and season with sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle over 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, and add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, along with the butter, to the frying pan.
- Lay the chicken on top of the baking paper, then rub them all over in the spices. Place the chicken in the hot frying pan and fry until golden on both sides, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stick in the rosemary sprigs to give them a good coating of the juices, then take them out and set aside for a moment.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill in your oven to high.
- Remove chicken from the frying pan and arrange it in a roasting tray (add any juices from the frying pan, as well) with lemon quarters and tomatoes. Lay a slice of bacon on top of each chicken breast, then arrange the rosemary sprigs on top.
- Place the tray under the grill for at least 14 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. If you prefer, you could also bake this in the oven until the chicken is cooked, at a temperature around 375F, or 190C for about 20 minutes.