Cooked either on a stovetop grill pan or over a flame, this Chicken Tikka on the Grill is incredibly succulent and flavorful – a fantastic alternative to your run-of-the-mill barbecue sauce.
- 8 chicken thighs, deboned (you could throw away the skin if you like)
- Cilantro for garnishing
For the marinade: (Mix all the following ingredients)
- 1 ½ cup half fat Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 1 thumb ginger, finely grated
- 2-3 tea spoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 teaspoons paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Marinade the chicken for as long as you could, overnight is best Or at least 30 minutes!
- Heat a large (and shallow) non-stick grilling pan until really hot.
- Add a table spoon of oil, and arrange half of the chicken on the pan. (don’t over crowd the pan, otherwise the chicken will get steamed instead of charred)
- Cook until done (around 5-7 minutes on each side) until the chicken is slightly charred.
- Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 thigh
Amount Per Serving Calories 295Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 167mgSodium 314mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 32g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Photo: Tangled Noodle