Cooked either on a stovetop grill pan or over a flame, this Chicken Tikka on the Grill is incredibly succulent and flavorful – a fantastic alternative to your run-of-the-mill barbecue sauce.
Chicken Tikka on the Grill
Cooked either on a stovetop grill pan or over a flame, this Chicken Tikka on the Grill is incredibly succulent and flavorful - a fantastic alternative to your run-of-the-mill barbecue sauce.
- 8 chicken thighs, deboned (you could throw away the skin if you like)
- Cilantro for garnishing
- 1 ½ cup half fat Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 1 thumb ginger, finely grated
- 2-3 tea spoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 teaspoons paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Marinade the chicken for as long as you could, overnight is best Or at least 30 minutes!
- Heat a large (and shallow) non-stick grilling pan until really hot.
- Add a table spoon of oil, and arrange half of the chicken on the pan. (don’t over crowd the pan, otherwise the chicken will get steamed instead of charred)
- Cook until done (around 5-7 minutes on each side) until the chicken is slightly charred.
- Repeat with the rest of the chicken.