Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 package pie crusts
- 1/3 cup margarine (or butter)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 cups chicken, cooked
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Prepare pie crusts as directed on package for two-crust pie using 9-inch pie pan.
- In a medium saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook 2 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, and pepper until well-blended.
- Gradually stir in broth and milk; cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly and thickened.
- Add chicken, corn, and peas; remove from heat.
- Spoon chicken mixture into crust-lined pan.
- Top with second crust and flute; cut slits in several places.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden-brown.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.