Chicken and noodles are a staple in our house, and this Chicken Parmesan Chicken and Noodles casserole is the one dish that always gets rave reviews. Serve it for a brunch or dinner.
- 6 ounces extra-wide egg noodles
- 1 pound purchased roasted chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, or 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 3/4 cups whole milk or light cream
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmasean Cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a Dutch oven bring 6 cups salted water to boiling; add noodles. Cook for 10 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, remove chicken from bones. Discard skin and bones; shred chicken. In a saucepand, combine chicken, peas, garlic, and whole milk; heat through. Cover and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, and melted butter.
- Heat and stir until bubbly. Divide among four individual casserole dishes. Top each with some of the bread crumb mixture. Bake for 5 minutes or until top begins to brown.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of WNC Times