Everyone loves chicken and dumplings. With this Chicken Dumpling Casserole recipe, you can get all that comfort food greatness, without all the muss and fuss, anytime you are wanting it!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, boiled and shredded*
- 2 cups chicken stock (from boiling the breasts above)
- 1 stick of butter ( 8 Tbsp which equals 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups Bisquick or self-rising flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (the herbed cream of chicken soup adds lots more flavor)
- 3 bouillon cubes
- 1/2 t. dried sage
- 1 t. black pepper & salt, as desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place boneless, skinless chicken breasts in sauce pan with enough water to cover the chicken. Bring to a boil, then turn off the heat; place a lid on your pot and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes to finish cooking. Remove chicken from stock (reserve the stock) and allow to cool, then shred the chicken.
- When building the layered casserole, do not mix the layers.
- In 9x13 or larger casserole dish, melt 1 stick of butter. Spread shredded chicken over butter. Sprinkle black pepper and dried sage over this layer. Note: If you want to serve this as a pot pie, add a layer of vegetables now.
- In small bowl, mix milk and Bisquick. Slowly pour over chicken.
- In medium bowl, whisk together 2 cups of the chicken stock (strained, if needed), chicken granules and soup. Once blended, slowly pour over the Bisquick layer.
- Bake time varies by oven and the size pan you decide to use, therefore, bake until the top is golden brown- approx. 50-60 minutes.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 300Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 53mgSodium 888mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 15g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.