Whip up these Cherry Pastry Bars in just 30 minutes. Between the easy preparation and pretty color, they’re destined to be a favorite!
Cherry Pastry Bars
Whip up these Cherry Pastry Bars in just 30 minutes. Between the easy preparation and pretty color, they're destined to be a favorite!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling or any flavor you like
- 3 tbsp milk ,
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp soft cream cheese
- 5 heaping tbsp powdered sugar.
- Oven 325 – 375 depending on your oven. Line a 9×13 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together until very light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, then beat in the extracts. Gradually mix in the flour until well incorporated.
- Spread 3/4 of the batter in the bottom pan lined with parchment paper. Scoop cherry pie filling over batter in pan. Drop remaining batter by spoonful’s over the cherries.
- Bake for 25+ min. Keep checking till done. Let cool completely.
- To make icing whisk together icing ingredients and drizzle over cooled bars before slicing