Recipe for Cheesy Chile Eggrolls – Here is a crispy, hot, cheesy, slightly spicy appetizer that everyone will LOVE! Cheesy Chile Eggrolls are just 3 simple ingredients!
Cheesy Chile Eggrolls
Here is a crispy, hot, cheesy, slightly spicy appetizer that everyone will LOVE! Cheesy Chile Eggrolls are just 3 simple ingredients!
- 1 (1 lb) package large eggroll wraps (5" and over)
- 2 cans (7 oz each) whole green chiles (I get the fire-roasted kind)
- 1 lb Pepperjack Cheese, grated
- Canola oil for cooking
- Place eggroll wraps on a workable surface. Place one whole green chile diagonally on the wrap. Add about 2 tablespoons grated pepper jack cheese, or enough to cover chile.
- Fold bottom corner over filling. Roll snugly half-way to cover filling. Fold in both sides snugly against filling; moisten edges of last flap with a little water you have put on your finger.
- Roll wrap up and seal top corner using water again to moisten edges to make them stick. Lay flap-side down until ready to cook.
- Frying: In a large skillet, heat up 1½ cups canola oil to 350°F. Place eggrolls flap side down, a few at a time, turning occasionally until golden, about 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately. Be careful, they are hot!
- Baking Option: Heat oven to 400°F. Place rolls on a baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray. Lightly brush the tops with olive oil and bake until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
- Broil Option: After baking, for added crispiness, put the eggrolls under the broiler for 1-2 minutes, checking every 20-30 seconds.
Prep Time: 15 minutes - Cook Time: 10 minutes Yield: 8 servings
Recipe and Photo: Foodista
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com