These Cheese and Chicken Shells are a meal the whole family will love. It’s easy to make, and if you happen to already have some cooked chicken sitting in the fridge or freezer then you’ve got a meal in no time.
Cheese and Chicken Shells
A meal the whole family will love. It’s easy to make, and if you happen to already have some cooked chicken sitting in the fridge or freezer then you’ve got a meal in no time.
- 12 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce
- 2 large egg whites, gently beaten
- 1 1/2 cups part skim ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces chicken, cooked and diced
- 1 cup frozen spinach (chopped) thawed (drain all excess water)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 3/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook shells in boiling water according to the directions on box. Rinse with cold water and set aside for later use.
- Lightly spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray and spread 1/2 cup of pasta sauce evenly over the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- For Filling: Stir together egg whites, ricotta, chicken, spinach, garlic powder, basil, and seasoning. Stir in 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Fill each shell with mixture and place filled shells in the baking dish on top of sauce.
- Spread remaining sauce on top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, salt, and pepper to taste. Bake for 30 minutes.
Recipe and Photo: Recipe Snobs