The only thing better than cornbread is cornbread with the cheese baked in! This Cheddar and Green Onion Cornbread Muffins recipe shows you how to make your own.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 lb. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups sharp cheddar, shredded plus extra for garnish
- 3 jalapenos, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1/3 cup of scallions, chopped plus extra for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan or 2 muffin tins, set aside.
- Combine the first five ingredients into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, milk and cooled butter.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry and mix, be careful not to over mix.
- Fold in the two cups of the cheddar, scallions, and jalepenos
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and top with the remaining cheddar and scallions.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving Calories 289Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 70mgSodium 802mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 11g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Ginny