All the yummyness of your favorite carrot cake, but in bar form! These Carrot Cake Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting are easy to make, and disappear even faster!
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (6 ounces) carrot baby food
- 1 container (3-1/2 ounces) applesauce baby food
- 1 container (3-1/2 ounces) apricot baby food
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and oil for 2 minutes. Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to egg mixture. Add baby foods; mix well. Stir in walnuts if desired.
- Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Frost; cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.
- Top with chopped walnuts before cutting into bars
Nutrition InformationYield 36 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 477Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 24gCholesterol 23mgSodium 93mgCarbohydrates 54gFiber 0gSugar 47gProtein 2g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.