This recipe for Caribbean Coconut Chicken is a twist on the traditional coconut shrimp is sure to please. Try these crispy-salty-sweet tenders at your next party!
- 2 lbs of chicken tenders
- 1 1/2 cups of panko bread crumbs (can be found in the Asian aisle of grocery stores)
- 1 cup of shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 egg
- 1/2 can of condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/2 of marmalade
- Mix egg, orange juice and condensed milk
- Mix panko crumbs, salt, pepper, and shredded coconut seperately
- dip tenders in egg wash
- then dip in dry mixutre
- fry on each side for about 4 minutes or until golden brown / crispy
- In a small bowl, add honey and marmalade. Heat in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir everything until well mixed and serve with coconut chicken tenders.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 4 oz. - precooked
Amount Per Serving Calories 289Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 38mgSodium 568mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 2gSugar 13gProtein 13g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.