Recipe for Caramel Apple-Brownie Cheesecake – Combine two of fall’s favorite flavors—caramel and apples—in this decadent cheesecake. The crust is an apple filled brownie, and the creamy cheesecake is topped with a caramel-apple topping and a rich caramel sauce.
Caramel Apple-Brownie Cheesecake
Combine two of fall's favorite flavors—caramel and apples—in this decadent cheesecake. The crust is an apple filled brownie, and the creamy cheesecake is topped with a caramel-apple topping and a rich caramel sauce.
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and diced Granny Smith apples
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 5 large Granny Smith apples (about 2 1/2 lb.), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. Reduce oven temperature to 325°. Sprinkle pecans over bottom of a greased and floured shiny 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, and vanilla at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until blended and smooth. Add 3 eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Whisk together brown sugar, melted butter, and remaining egg in a large bowl until blended.
- Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients; add to brown sugar mixture, and stir until blended. Stir in apples. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Carefully spoon cream cheese mixture over batter.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until set. Remove from oven, and gently run a knife around outer edge of cheesecake to loosen from sides of pan. (Do not remove sides of pan.) Cool completely in pan on a wire rack (about 2 hours). Transfer to a serving plate.
- Meanwhile, prepare Caramel Apple Topping and Caramel Sauce. Reserve 1 cup Caramel Sauce for another use. Spoon topping over cheesecake; drizzle with 1/2 cup Caramel Sauce.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add sugar and lemon juice, and cook, stirring constantly with a long-handled wooden spoon, 5 to 6 minutes or until mixture turns a light golden brown. Add apple wedges. Cook, stirring often, 15 to 18 more minutes or until apples are tender and caramelized. Remove from heat; cool 20 minutes.
- Bring brown sugar, butter, whipping cream, and honey to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly; boil, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and cool 15 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week. To reheat, microwave at HIGH 10 to 15 seconds or just until warm; stir until smooth.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: SouthernLiving.com