I L-O-V-E these Buttermilk Chocolate Chip Muffins! Next week I may try cinnamon apple or peach. Although I may keep my options open until I see what looks appealing at the farmers market this weekend.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup 2% buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray a 12 half cup sized muffin tin with cooking spray and place 12 paper liners inside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together sugar, buttermilk, canola oil, egg and vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl sift together whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the buttermilk mixture to the bowl and fold until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter between the 12 muffins cups and bake for 20-25 minutes until the tops are golden.
- Cool five minutes in the pan and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving Calories 277Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 16mgSodium 282mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 3gSugar 21gProtein 5g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Munchin with the Munchkin