Recipe for Brownie Bottomed Cheesecake Cups – I wanted chocolate and cheesecake, this recipe here delivered. They were sooo good. Maybe too good.
Brownie Bottomed Cheesecake Cups
I wanted chocolate and cheesecake, this recipe here delivered. They were sooo good. Maybe too good.
- 1 box of favorite brownie mix with add in's or.... my brownie recipe:
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 packages of low fat cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup egg beaters
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup fat free half and half
- First you want to make your brownies. Mix all your ingredients together using either your favorite box mix or a homemade version. Line a 9x13 pan with foil and leave enough foil hanging over the edge to use as handles to pull your brownies out. Spray with non-stick spray. Pour your batter into your prepared pan and bake at 350 for 26-30 minutes or until done.
- Let your brownies cool completely. Pull the foil out of the pan and put on the counter. Using a circle cookie cutter or round biscuit cutter cut out a bunch of circle brownies. Make sure your cookie cutter is close to the same size as the bottom of your muffin tin. Next, line a muffin pan with a dozen cupcake liners. Place one round brownie in the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Lets make cheesecake. Using a mixer, mix the cream cheese until smooth. Add in the sugar, egg whites, and vanilla. Mix until smooth and creamy. Fill the brownie cups almost all the way full, about 3/4 of the way. They really don't rise much so don't worry. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Let them cool completely and pop them in the fridge for a couple of hours to chill.
- Before you dig in you have to make the yummy ganache. It is a must. All you do is heat 1/2 cup of half and half on medium low heat until it is warm. Toss in your chocolate chips and stir until smooth. If you want your chocolate sauce thinner add a touch more half and half. If you want it thicker, add in some more chocoalte chips. It is totally up to you! Drizzle over your chilled cheesecake and eat! Enjoy!
Recipe and Photo: Eat It Up