Recipe for Brownie Bottomed Cheesecake Cups – I wanted chocolate and cheesecake, this recipe here delivered. They were sooo good. Maybe too good.
Brownie Bottomed Cheesecake Cups
I wanted chocolate and cheesecake, this recipe here delivered. They were sooo good. Maybe too good.
- 1 box of favorite brownie mix with add in's or.... my brownie recipe:
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 packages of low fat cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup egg beaters
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup fat free half and half
- First you want to make your brownies. Mix all your ingredients together using either your favorite box mix or a homemade version. Line a 9x13 pan with foil and leave enough foil hanging over the edge to use as handles to pull your brownies out. Spray with non-stick spray. Pour your batter into your prepared pan and bake at 350 for 26-30 minutes or until done.
- Let your brownies cool completely. Pull the foil out of the pan and put on the counter. Using a circle cookie cutter or round biscuit cutter cut out a bunch of circle brownies. Make sure your cookie cutter is close to the same size as the bottom of your muffin tin. Next, line a muffin pan with a dozen cupcake liners. Place one round brownie in the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Lets make cheesecake. Using a mixer, mix the cream cheese until smooth. Add in the sugar, egg whites, and vanilla. Mix until smooth and creamy. Fill the brownie cups almost all the way full, about 3/4 of the way. They really don't rise much so don't worry. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Let them cool completely and pop them in the fridge for a couple of hours to chill.
- Before you dig in you have to make the yummy ganache. It is a must. All you do is heat 1/2 cup of half and half on medium low heat until it is warm. Toss in your chocolate chips and stir until smooth. If you want your chocolate sauce thinner add a touch more half and half. If you want it thicker, add in some more chocoalte chips. It is totally up to you! Drizzle over your chilled cheesecake and eat! Enjoy!