The blueberry cream cheese bread came out fantastic. Honestly. Just look at those pictures. It was also delicious and moist
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, 1 egg and orange zest; beat until smooth.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon water
- Combine the filling ingredients and set aside.
- Cream butter or margarine and 1/2 cup sugar until fluffy. Add salt and vanilla. Separate eggs and reserve the whites. Add egg yolks to the sugar mixture; beat until creamy. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour and baking powder; add alternately with milk to egg yolk mixture. Coat berries with 1 tablespoon flour and add to batter. In a separate bowl, beat whites until soft peaks form. Add 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into batter.
- Pour 1/2 of batter (or a little less) into a flour and greased bread pan. Layer filling over the batter and then finish with remainder of batter. This will create a layer of “cheese cake” between the blueberry batter.
- Stir together the glaze ingredients and drizzle over the top of the unbaked bread.
- Bake at 350 F for 55-60 minutes.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 751Total Fat 43gSaturated Fat 25gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 207mgSodium 520mgCarbohydrates 83gFiber 2gSugar 58gProtein 12g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Savannah’s Savory Bites.com