This Better Than Pumpkin Dump Cake is so good that everyone will be begging for the recipe, just like I did when I first tried it.
- 1 yellow cake mix (reserve 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup butter, softened (1-1/2 sticks)
- 4 eggs
- 1 29-ounce can plain pumpkin purée(not pie filling)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan or dish.
- Combine the cake mix (less the reserved 1 cup), 1 egg and 1 stick of the butter; mix well. Press mix evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a bowl, combine the pumpkin, 3 eggs, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, brown sugar, 1/2 cup of the white sugar and milk. Mix well, then pour in an even layer on top of the cake mix layer.
- Mix together the reserved 1 cup cake mix, 1/2 stick butter, 1/2 cup white sugar, and 1 cup pecans. Sprinkle mixture evenly over your pumpkin mixture.
- Bake for about an 1 hour, and test for doneness with a toothpick. If the toothpick does not come out clean, return cake to the oven for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 716Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 140mgSodium 669mgCarbohydrates 102gFiber 6gSugar 68gProtein 9g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Steven Labinski