Recipe for Best Ever White Queso – I’m about to deliver you out of so-so queso and into the world of “take your finger and squeegee the bowl for every last drop” queso.
- 1 large box (2 lbs) of White American Cheese
- 1.5-2 cups of fresh pico
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (If you added lots of cilantro to your homemade pico then reduce this amount to 1/2 cup)
- 1 large lime (squeeze the juice and add some of the pulp)
- 1 chopped jalapeno
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chipotle paste
- 1 tsp of extra hot sauce (use whatever you have available)
- 1/2 cup of cream or half and half
- 1-2 cloves of minced fresh garlic
- Put it all together and heat until well mixed. You can also add some Mexican cheese Queso Fresco if your feeling extra fancy.
Recipe and Photo: The Farmer’s Nest
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com