What’s a summer grill without beef shish kabobs? This recipe is so juicy and flavorful that everyone will want seconds!
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 8 cloves garlic
- 6 bay leaves, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 pounds beef sirloin steak, cut into cubes
- bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 60 minutes
- Whisk together the red wine, garlic, bay leaves, salt, and black pepper together in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add the sirloin cubes, and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the sirloin from the marinade; shake off excess liquid. Discard the remaining marinade. Skewer the beef onto the prepared skewers.
- Cook on the preheated grill until the beef cubes start to become firm and are reddish-pink and juicy in the center, 2 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 4 oz. (precooked)
Amount Per Serving Calories 292Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 104mgSodium 1169mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 31g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Photo: Caboose Spice & Company