Recipe for Basil Pesto Chicken Pasta – In the time it takes to boil pasta, you too can make this mouth-watering dish for dinner!
Basil Pesto Chicken Pasta
In the time it takes to boil pasta, you too can make this mouth-watering dish for dinner!
- 4 oz fettucini or other dried pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet white onion
- a large handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook fettucini following manufacturers instructions on back of box. While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large saute pan. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook over medium to medium-high heat until cooked all the way through about 5 minutes each side. Remove from pan.
- Dice chicken into pieces.
- Turn heat to low and add onion and garlic. Saute for 3-4 minutes. Add a spash of white wine or water to saute pan and use a spatula to scrape any brown pieces on bottom of pan.
- Return chicken to pan and add tomatoes. Cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add cooked fettucini and pesto. Stir to heat through. Season with salt and pepper.Serve.