This recipe for deliciously gooey grilled Barbecue Mozzarella Meatball Skewers is a tasty way to kick the party off right.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup basil, chopped
- 1 egg, scrambled
- 3 tablespoons onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 2 cups KC Masterpiece Kansas City Classic Barbecue Sauce
- 20 3-inch wooden skewers
- Build a charcoal fire for indirect cooking using Kingsford(r) Charcoal by situating the coals on only one side of the grill, leaving the other side void. Preheat to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In medium bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, basil, egg, onion and salt. Mix well.
- Form about 20 meatballs using 2 tablespoons of beef mixture for each meatball. Place meatballs over indirect heat and close grill lid. Cook for 10 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- While meatballs cook, form a ball of mozzarella (1 teaspoon each) around each wooden skewer, 1 inch from end. Remove meatballs from grill and stick a mozzarella skewer into top of each meatball. Place back on grill over indirect heat, close grill lid and cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Pour 2 cups barbecue sauce into bowl. Once cheese melts, remove each skewer from grill and immediately dip meatball into barbecue sauce, up to bottom of melted cheese. Serve warm.
Nutrition InformationYield 20 Serving Size 1 meatball
Amount Per Serving Calories 140Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 32mgSodium 417mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 0gSugar 10gProtein 8g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Kingsford