I made these Baked Pumpkin Donuts for a fun breakfast and they turned out great! Topped with a cinnamon glaze and dunked in a little hot cocoa…. perfect for a cold fall morning! Enjoy!
Baked Pumpkin Donuts
I made these Baked Pumpkin Donuts for a fun breakfast and they turned out great! Topped with a cinnamon glaze and dunked in a little hot cocoa.... perfect for a cold fall morning! Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil ( I was OUT of applesauce so I did use oil, but normally I would do 1/4 cup oil and 1/4 cup applesauce)
- 3/4 cup egg beaters
- 1 1/2 sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
- powered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- dash of cinnamon
- Mix everything BUT the flour together until all combined. Next add in the flour and mix until smooth. Lightly grease your donut pan or mini muffin tin.
- Fill about 3/4 full and bake the donuts for 15-18 minutes. Mini muffins will be done a bit sooner so check them at about 8 minutes. You will know they are done when a tooth pick comes out clean and they spring back when pressed.
- Pop them out after about 5 minutes and let them cool on a cooling rack. While they are cooling you can make the glaze.
- I don't have a perfectly measures glaze recipe. I always start with a 1/2 cup powdered sugar and add in the vanilla and cinnamon. Next I start with about 2 teaspoons of milk and give it a stir. Then I just add more milk of sugar depending on how thick I want the glaze. Easy peasy.
- After they have cooled for a couple minutes just pick them up and dip them in to coat the top of the donuts. Just put them back on the cooking rack to let the extra glaze drip off. (I put a piece of wax paper under my cooling rack for easy clean up)
- Next, you must make hot chocolate and dip these yummy donuts in and enjoy!
Recipe and Photo: Eat It Up Food