This Baked Chicken with Mushroom Sauce was so warm and inviting. The mushroom sauce was creamy and a little tangy….so good over mashed potatoes.
Baked Chicken with Mushroom Sauce
This Baked Chicken with Mushroom Sauce was so warm and inviting. The mushroom sauce was creamy and a little tangy....so good over mashed potatoes.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons all-purpse flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly, spray a 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/2-in. thickness. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place flour, paprika and garlic powder in a resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal and shake to coat.
- In a large pan over med-high heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once pan is very hot, add the chicken (make sure to shake off excess flour!) and brown for 2 minutes on each both side. Transfer to the baking dish.
- In the same skillet, add the rest of the butter and saute mushrooms for about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl combine the broth,sour cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, 2 Tbsp flour, salt and pepper, whisk to combine. Add the mixture to the saute pan with the mushrooms and stir to combine. Cook the mushroom mixture for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Then add the mushroom mixture to the top of the chicken and bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with a little parsley and fresh cracked pepper on top.