These Baked Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches are just fantastic. Breaded chicken, marinara, tons of gooey cheese, and sweet basil…oh goodness. It just doesn’t get much better.
- 4 thin chicken breast cutlets
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup prepared marinara sauce, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni marinara cheese (or just pepperoni slices if you can't find the cheese)
- 8 basil leaves
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 4 sheets heavy-duty aluminum foil
- Cooking spray
- Season chicken cutlets with salt and pepper. Combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese; dip cutlets in egg, then in bread crumb mixture. Melt the butter and olive oil in a large skillet. Working in batches, cook the chicken cutlets until browned and crispy.
- Spray each sheet of aluminum foil lightly with cooking spray. Add the bottom of a roll to each sheet. Top each with 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella, a chicken cutlet, 1/4 cup of marinara, the pepperoni marinara cheese or pepperoni, and two basil leaves. Add the roll top. Wrap loosely, being sure all of the edges are sealed.
- Cook sandwiches on a baking sheet in a 350-degree oven for 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before unwrapping.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 sandwich
Amount Per Serving Calories 851Total Fat 49gSaturated Fat 19gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 26gCholesterol 223mgSodium 2051mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 4gSugar 8gProtein 59g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Cassie Craves