Bacon bread is the stuff that great days are made of. Soft, doughy bread loaded with bites of salty, briny bacon is the culmination of all of our favorite things. It’s downright irresistible.
Bacon bread is the stuff that great days are made of. Soft, doughy bread loaded with bites of salty, briny bacon is the culmination of all of our favorite things. It's downright irresistible.
- 12 bacon strips, diced
- 1 (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 c (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 5 minutes or until partially cooked; drain on paper towels. Roll out dough to 1/2-in. thickness; brush with 1 tablespoon of oil. Cut into 1-in. pieces; place in a large bowl. Add the bacon, cheese, dressing mix and remaining oil; toss to coat.
- Arrange pieces in a 9-in. x 5-in. oval on a greased baking sheet, layering as needed… I actually just find it easier to use a Bundt pan Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Cover with foil; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 1 loaf–16 servings.