Recipe for Asian Barbeque Chicken – You are sure to surrender to the sweet aroma of this chicken being cooked in an open fire.
Asian Barbeque Chicken
You are sure to surrender to the sweet aroma of this chicken being cooked in an open fire.
- 2 cups low sodium soy sauce (Kikkoman)
- 2 heads garlic (smashed)
- 2 ea yellow onions (roughly chopped)
- 1 ea fresh lemon juice (or 5 ea calamansi juice)
- 1 ½ cup sprite or 7-up
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup agave nectar (if available. OR honey)
- 1 tbsp black pepper (coarsely ground)
- 12 oz (1 bottle) banana ketchup
- 10 lbs chicken thighs (skin taken out)
for basting or brushing:
- 1 cup banana ketchup
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup water
- for garlic-vinegar dipping sauce:
- 2 cups red wine vinegar or white vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic (smashed, and peeled)
- to taste salt & pepper
- to taste granulated sugar
- make the marinade by combining all the ingredients above, and set aside.
- take out the skin, and trim out the excess fat of the chicken.
- marinate the chicken for 24-48 hours in a bowl covered loosely in plastic wrap.
- make the basting sauce for brushing the chicken while grilling by combining all the ingredients until it is well incorporated. Set aside until ready to use.
Recipe and Photo: Isla Kulinarya
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com