Recipe for Apple Pie Tacos – Apple Pie filling nestled in a crispy, cinnamon sugar flour tortilla. This two bite dessert will knock your socks off! Holy deliciousness!!!
Apple Pie Tacos
Apple Pie filling nestled in a crispy, cinnamon sugar flour tortilla. This two bite dessert will knock your socks off! Holy deliciousness!!!
- 3 tart apples diced
- 2 tbsp. butter; melted
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1-2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Flour tortillas- use the biggest ones you can find; you'll get more "tacos" per tortilla
- 1/2 cup sugar + 2 tsp cinnamon
- Vegetable or Canola oil for frying
- Whipped cream
- In a medium skillet melt butter over medium heat add diced apples and saute until slightly tender; about 2 minutes. Add all other ingredients to the skillet; stir to combine and cook until thickened. Set aside.
- With a round cookie cutter (I used a 3 inch round cutter) cut out tortilla rounds and set aside.
- Heat oil in a shallow skillet over medium heat. Drop tortilla in oil and using a fork quickly fold the tortilla in half securing it with your fork. Fry about 1 minute per side. Sprinkle each "taco" with cinnamon sugar mixture immediately after frying. Fill each taco with apple pie filling and drizzle with your favorite caramel sauce and fresh whipped cream OR serve with vanilla ice cream.
Recipe and Photo: Food of Love
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com