These Ambrosia Macaroons are totally yummy – lots of orange flavor, and the bittersweet chocolate is just right for off-setting the sweetness of the macaroon. Oh, and easy. Did I mention the easy? They totally are.
These Ambrosia Macaroons are totally yummy - lots of orange flavor, and the bittersweet chocolate is just right for off-setting the sweetness of the macaroon. Oh, and easy. Did I mention the easy? They totally are.
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. finely grated orange peel
- 3 large eggs
- 24 oz. sweetened flaked coconut (about 6 c. firmly packed)
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate, melted
- Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 325 F. Line 3 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until smooth. Add sugar and salt; beat until blended. Beat in orange peel, then eggs, 1 at a time. Mix in coconut. Drop batter onto sheets by tablespoonfuls, spacing 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake macaroons, 1 sheet at a time, until golden on bottom and browned in spots, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely on sheets.
- Using fork, drizzle chocolate over macaroons. Chill on sheets until chocolate is firm, about 30 minutes.
Recipe and Photo: Cast Sugar