Recipe for Easy Chicken Enchiladas – This enchilada dish is sure to be a new family favorite; it is simple to put together and also perfect for leftovers…..if you ever have any!
- salt and pepper
- 2 6-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 poblano or green bell pepper, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup lowfat sour cream
- 1/4 cup 1/3 fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 oz Muenster or Jack cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1 cup mild salsa verde (green salsa)
- 6 6-in. corn tortillas, microwaved on high until pliable
- Heat oven to 450°F. Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water and broth. Bring to a boil; add 3/4 tsp salt. Add the chicken, reduce heat and simmer until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let cool; shred.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, pepper, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the corn, cream cheese and sour cream. Fold in the chicken, cilantro and 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the salsa in a 13 x 9-in. baking dish. Roll the chicken mixture in the tortillas (about 1/2 cup per tortilla) and place seamside down in the dish. Top with the remaining salsa and cheese. Bake until beginning to brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
Recipe and Photo: Chef Mommy
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com