These start with a simple, one bowl brownie recipe…then after they are baked, chocolate covered caramels are pressed into the hot brownies. Cream cheese icing infused with caramel completes this dessert.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- 3/4 c flour
- 1/4 t salt
- Approximately 49 Rolos candies (chocolate covered caramels), from a 12 ounce bag, unwrapped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce
- 1 cup powdered sugar (I would add another half cup to make a firmer icing)
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line an 8" square baking pan with non-stick foil or foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place butter and chocolate in microwave safe bowl and microwave gently until butter and chocolate are melted (30 seconds x 3, stirring in between sessions). Let cool to room temperature.
- Stir sugar into chocolate till combined. Whisk in eggs one at a time, then vanilla. Fold in flour and salt. Bake until cake tester comes out of center with just a few moist crumbs, 40-45 min.
- Immediately push unwrapped Rolos into hot brownies. I made 7 rows with 7 Rolos in each. Cool completely.
- Make icing by beating the cream cheese and butter till smooth. Mix in the caramel sauce. Add the powdered sugar and whip till smooth. Ice cooled brownies. Chill to allow icing to firm up slightly.
Recipe and Photo: The Three Little Piglets
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com