Recipe for Asian Barbeque Chicken – You are sure to surrender to the sweet aroma of this chicken being cooked in an open fire.
- 2 cups low sodium soy sauce (Kikkoman)
- 2 heads garlic (smashed)
- 2 ea yellow onions (roughly chopped)
- 1 ea fresh lemon juice (or 5 ea calamansi juice)
- 1 ½ cup sprite or 7-up
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup agave nectar (if available. OR honey)
- 1 tbsp black pepper (coarsely ground)
- 12 oz (1 bottle) banana ketchup
- 10 lbs chicken thighs (skin taken out)
for basting or brushing:
- 1 cup banana ketchup
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup water
- for garlic-vinegar dipping sauce:
- 2 cups red wine vinegar or white vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic (smashed, and peeled)
- to taste salt & pepper
- to taste granulated sugar
- make the marinade by combining all the ingredients above, and set aside.
- take out the skin, and trim out the excess fat of the chicken.
- marinate the chicken for 24-48 hours in a bowl covered loosely in plastic wrap.
- make the basting sauce for brushing the chicken while grilling by combining all the ingredients until it is well incorporated. Set aside until ready to use.
Recipe and Photo: Isla Kulinarya
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com