Recipe for Long Boy Burgers – Step up your burger game with this recipe, and never go back to plain old burgers again.
- 2-4 (6-inch) sub rolls, split in half lengthwise
- 1 1/4 cup cornflakes, crushed
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1/2 cup whole or lowfat milk
- 6 tablespoons ketchup, separated
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds 90% lean ground beef
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Adjust the oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Bake rolls, cut side up, on wire rack inside rimmed baking sheet until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Combine cornflakes, onion, milk, 4 tablespoons ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, garlic powder, egg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper in large bowl. Add meat and knead gently until well combined.
- Top toasted rolls evenly with meat mixture, spreading meat to edges of rolls. Brush top of meat mixture evenly with remaining ketchup and bake until meat registers 160 degrees, 20-25 minutes. Top burgers with cheese and continue to bake until cheese melts, 3-4 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes. Serve.
Recipe and Photo: Sunshine and Bones