How can you not love a bite sized morsel of sunshine? These take no time at all to make, are cute as heck, and taste so sweet and bright.
- 1 (18.25 oz. box) yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.4 oz.) instant lemon flavored pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray miniature muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, and 3/4 cup oil. Beat for 2 minutes. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the batter into each muffin tin, and bake for 12 minutes. Turn the cakes onto a cloth towel.
- In a medium bowl, sift confectioners' sugar. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, remaining 3 tablespoons oil, and water, stirring until smooth. Dip the cakes into the glaze while they are still warm, covering as much of the cake as possible. Place the cakes on a wire rack with wax paper underneath to catch the drips. Let the glaze set thoroughly before storing in an airtight container.
Recipe and Photo: A Blog About Food