Recipe for Copycat Chilis Salsa – I LOVE salsa, and Chili’s happens to have one of my favorites. Not too much heat, and packed with flavor. And now I make it at home all the time.
- 1 1/2 lbs or 800 grams canned Whole Roma Tomatoes, juice drained*
- 1/2 small Red Onion, halved
- 1/2 small White Onion, halved
- 1 green Chili of choice, roughly chopped
- 1 Cup fresh Cilantro, roughly chopped (including stems)
- 1/4 of a Green Bell Pepper, quartered
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- juice of 2 Limes
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground Pepper (rough grind)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until all pieces are very small. Serve with tortilla chips.
Recipe and Photo credit: For the Love of Food / CC BY-NC