After the feast, after round two, before the coma: Would you like a slice of pie?
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked Crisco pie crust
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- HEAT oven to 325°F. WHISK sweetened condensed milk, milk, eggs, vanilla and lemon juice in medium bowl until well blended. Pour into pie crust.
- BAKE 50 to 55 minutes or until custard is set in center. Cool completely on wire rack. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- COMBINE brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and milk in saucepan over medium heat. Cook until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in pecans and vanilla. Pour over cooled pie. Serve immediately.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Eagle Brand