When it comes to classic summer salads, it’s hard to beat this Marinated Cucumbers Onions and Tomatoes recipe…It just tastes like summer! This particular recipe is from Womack House, a long ago country kitchen in Fulshear, TX.
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss well to mix.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 152Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 0mgSodium 713mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 2gSugar 12gProtein 1g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe adapted from: Food.com