Recipe for Lime-Coconut Quick Bread – Oh my gosh you guys, this bread is amazing! I wish I could have bottled up the smell in my kitchen while I was making it because it smelled like a delicious tropical paradise.
Lime-Coconut Quick Bread
Oh my gosh you guys, this bread is amazing! I wish I could have bottled up the smell in my kitchen while I was making it because it smelled like a delicious tropical paradise.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, about 2 limes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut*
For the bread
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 scant tablespoons lime juice
For the glaze *
- Lime zest
- Coconut flakes or shredded coconut (I used unsweetened flakes)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a 8x4-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk sugar, coconut oil and eggs until combined. Whisk in the coconut milk and lime zest.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and shredded coconut until combined. Pour in the the coconut mixture and stir until just combined. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then turn out and cool completely on a cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and lime juice until smooth. Pour or drizzle over completely cooled bread. Top with Lime zest and coconut flakes.
- Will keep wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature for 2 days.
I only had unsweetened shredded coconut, so I put the coconut in a small bowl and tossed with about 1 tablespoon water and 1 scant tablespoon sugar and then mixed it into the wet ingredients. This worked perfectly as a substitute. **If you prefer a more drizzled glaze, simply half the recipe for the glaze