This French Onion Dip is creamy and decadent, yet easy to make. Serve with chips for a savory, satisfying homemade dip option at your next get together.
- 2 tbl butter
- 2 Vidalia onions, sliced into 1/4-inch rings (about 4 cups)
- 2 large shallots, sliced into 1/8-inch rings (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 c mayonnaise
- 1 t celery salt
- 1 t Worcestershire
- 1 t freshly ground black pepper
- 1 t salt
- Chives, finely chopped for garnish
- Potato chips or veggies for dipping
- In a large sauté pan over medium high heat add butter.
- When butter is melted, add onions and sauté stirring occasionally until golden brown and caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Add shallots and sauté for 10 minutes more until onions and shallots are dark brown.
- Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 to 6 minutes, then chop into 1/4-inch pieces. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, celery salt, Worcestershire, salt and pepper.
- Fold in onion mixture.
- Chill at least 1 hour or overnight, prior to serving. Add chives and serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 259Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 35mgSodium 466mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 2g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Sunshine and Bones