Recipe for French Onion Dip – This dip is creamy and decadent, yet easy to make. Serve with chips for a savory, satisfying homemade dip option at your next get together.
French Onion Dip
This dip is creamy and decadent, yet easy to make. Serve with chips for a savory, satisfying homemade dip option at your next get together.
- 2 tbl butter
- 2 Vidalia onions, sliced into 1/4-inch rings (about 4 cups)
- 2 large shallots, sliced into 1/8-inch rings (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 c mayonnaise
- 1 t celery salt
- 1 t Worcestershire
- 1 t freshly ground black pepper
- 1 t salt
- Chives, finely chopped for garnish
- Potato chips or veggies for dipping
- In a large sauté pan over medium high heat add butter.
- When butter is melted, add onions and sauté stirring occasionally until golden brown and caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Add shallots and sauté for 10 minutes more until onions and shallots are dark brown.
- Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 to 6 minutes, then chop into 1/4-inch pieces. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, celery salt, Worcestershire, salt and pepper.
- Fold in onion mixture.
- Chill at least 1 hour or overnight, prior to serving. Add chives and serve.
Recipe and Photo: Sunshine and Bones
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com