Recipe for Easy Danish Kringle – Serve this nut-filled pastry with a compote of cut-up fresh fruit for an easy holiday breakfast, sure to please all your guests!
Easy Danish Kringle
Serve this nut-filled pastry with a compote of cut-up fresh fruit for an easy holiday breakfast, sure to please all your guests!
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened (do not use margarine spread)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove pie crust from pouch; place flat on ungreased large cookie sheet.
- In medium bowl, mix 2/3 cup pecans, the brown sugar and butter. Sprinkle over half of pie crust to within 3/4 inch of edge. Brush edge with water; fold pie crust over filling. Move kringle to center of cookie sheet. Press edge with fork to seal; prick top with fork.
- Bake 17 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix powdered sugar, vanilla and enough milk until smooth and desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm kringle. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons pecans. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Recipe and Photo: Pillsbury