Healthy, delicious and very filling. Chock full of crunchy vegetables, I challenge anyone to eat this Crunchy Veg Salad with Lemon-Tahini Dressing in fewer than 20 minutes.
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, sliced crosswise
- 1 large carrot, sliced on the diagonal
- 2 celery stalks, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium apple of your choice, chopped
- 1/2 cup jicama, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, seeds removed, and sliced into half moons
- 3/4 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons toasted shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 tablespoons toasted chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- several shakes of salt
- 2-4 tablespoons water, or as much as needed
- In a large bowl, add all of the salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients (except water). Slowly add water one tablespoon at a time, until you reach the desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Pour dressing over salad and toss until well coated. Garnish with additional parsley, coconut, and/or almonds, if desired.
- Feel free to add some grilled chicken, turkey, or tofu for added protein.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 233Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 7mgSodium 243mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 4gSugar 25gProtein 7g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Food Blogga