Recipe for Crunchy Veg Salad with Lemon-Tahini Dressing – Healthy, delicious and very filling. Chock full of crunchy vegetables, I challenge anyone to eat this salad in fewer than 20 minutes.
Crunchy Veg Salad with Lemon-Tahini Dressing
Healthy, delicious and very filling. Chock full of crunchy vegetables, I challenge anyone to eat this salad in fewer than 20 minutes.
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, sliced crosswise
- 1 large carrot, sliced on the diagonal
- 2 celery stalks, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium apple of your choice, chopped
- 1/2 cup jicama, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, seeds removed, and sliced into half moons
- 3/4 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons toasted shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 tablespoons toasted chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- several shakes of salt
- 2-4 tablespoons water, or as much as needed
- In a large bowl, add all of the salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients (except water). Slowly add water one tablespoon at a time, until you reach the desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Pour dressing over salad and toss until well coated. Garnish with additional parsley, coconut, and/or almonds, if desired.
- Feel free to add some grilled chicken, turkey, or tofu for added protein.
Recipe and Photo: Food Blogga