Make your own super-crunchy pickles with this recipe…and stop paying out the nose for something that is so simple to make in your own kitchen.
- 1 gallon cucumber
- 1/3 cup instant minced onion
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 6 heads fresh dill
- 1 1/2 quarts water
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup canning salt
- Slice cucumbers lengthwise into quarters; add to sterilized jars along with the dill.
- Boil liquids and seasonings to dissolve the salt then cool.
- Pour over pickles and let sit on counter for three days shaking or turning them occasionally,
- Refrigerate for up to one year.
- Please do not try to use the regular grocery store cucumbers, they have wax on them and they will not turn out. You can use grocery store pickling cucumbers as they are not waxed.
Nutrition InformationYield 77 Serving Size 1 spear
Amount Per Serving Calories 6Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 736mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.