Recipe for Recipe for Homemade Pumpkin Spice Lattes – I don’t normally drink pumpkin spice lattes, but when I do, I make my own and don’t drop 10 dollars at the corner coffee shop.
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Lattes
I don't normally drink pumpkin spice lattes, but when I do, I make my own and don't drop 10 dollars at the corner coffee shop.
- 1/2 cup ground coffee
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Whipped cream and additional ground nutmeg, optional
- Place ground coffee in the filter of a drip coffeemaker. Add water; brew according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the milk, pumpkin, brown sugar and spices. Cook and stir over medium heat until steaming. Divide coffee among five mugs; add pumpkin mixture. Garnish with whipped cream and additional nutmeg if desired.
Photo: Ashley MacKinnon