These homemade chocolate covered cherry cordials are exactly what I was looking for: a luscious, syrupy cherry encased in dark chocolate.
- Maraschino Cherries-2 small jars
- 1 stick butter
- 6 Tbsp corn syrup
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 3 lbs powdered sugar
- 12 oz melting chocolate ( use the best you can find, I recommend Ghirardelli)
- Mix all ingredients except the cherries and chocolate, into a soft dough
- Wrap each cherry in a ball of dough
- Freeze cherries for 1 hour
- Dip sugar dough wrapped cherries into melted chocolate
- Allow cherries to cool without touching on parchment paper
- Store cherries for 2 weeks for sugar to liquify with the cherry juice inside.
Nutrition InformationYield 36 Serving Size 1 piece
Amount Per Serving Calories 235Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 9mgSodium 32mgCarbohydrates 47gFiber 0gSugar 45gProtein 1g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.