Recipe for Strawberry Lemonade – I used honey for this strawberry lemonade, I love the soft taste that the honey has and it goes really well with strawberries and lemons.
- 1 ¼ lb strawberries, washed & cut in halves, about 4 cups
- 2 lemons, washed and quartered (use limes to make strawberry limeade)
- ~ ½- ¾ cup honey or sugar to taste, adjust based on your preference and sweetness of strawberries
- 6 cups of water
- Strawberry slices, lemon slices and/or fresh herbs (mint, lemon verbena, lemon balm, basil)
- Blend the strawberries, lemons and honey with 2 cups of water
- Strain the strawberry lemon mix, add the additional 4 cups of water through the strainer
- Taste and add additional honey/sugar if needed
- Serve cold over ice and garnished with strawberry slices, lemon slices and herbs
Method 2 (this one helps make the straining easier and keeps all strawberry goodness):
- First blend only the strawberries with the honey and 1 cup of water. You don’t need to strain this, it’s better to keep all the strawberries goodness. Then place the blended strawberries mix in a pitcher.
- Then in the same blender, you don’t need to wash or rinse it, blend the quartered lemons with the 1-2 cups of water.
- Strain the lemon mix into the pitcher, mix well and add the rest of the water. Taste and adjust sweetness level if needed.
- Serve as indicated above.
Photo: Nicole Davis