Recipe for Baked Wonton Tacos – When I saw that you can use wonton skins to make little tacos, I immediately experimented with the idea. These little tacos are bite sized yummy goodness. I’ll tell you. They make a great appetizer… and also a great, light lunch!
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, boiled and shredded
- 8 square wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame ginger dressing
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons Mexican cheese
- cooking spray
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and sliced
- ½ avocado, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine shredded chicken, BBQ sauce, sesame ginger dressing, cilantro, and Mexican cheese together.
- In the center of wonton wrapper, place about 1 or 2 tablespoonful of the chicken mixture and pinch two edge corners together.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture and wrappers.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place prepared wraps on the baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray generously.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the wrappers are golden brown and crispy.
- Sprinkle with chili red pepper and serve with sliced avocados if desired.
Recipe adapted from Heartmindandseoul.com