Recipe for Roasted Cauliflower – Blasting cauliflower florets in a hot oven concentrates their natural sweetness, turning them into something akin to vegetable candy.
Blasting cauliflower florets in a hot oven concentrates their natural sweetness, turning them into something akin to vegetable candy.
- 1 head of cauliflower, washed, green leaves removed and cut into florets (half-florets if you want extra crunch)
- sea salt
- olive oil (add a knob of butter that has been melted for serious flavor, but I wanted to keep it wholesome)
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (or 2 dried chilis)
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Make sure the cauliflower is completely dry by patting it in between paper towels.
- In a sheet pan or roasting pan, toss the florets with a good glug of olive oil.
- In a mortar, mash the spices with a pinch of salt. Sprinkle over the florets evenly and toss well. Make sure they are laid out in a single layer on the pan.
- Roast in the top rack of the oven for 20 minutes, then give them a good toss to ensure even cooking, and roast for 10 minutes more or until the edges are brown and crunchy. Serve immediately.
Recipe and Photo: Mark Manguerra
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com