Recipe for BBQ Beef Brisket – The perfect brisket is the holy grail of barbecue—often pursued, rarely attained. This recipe is sure to get you pretty close though.
- 1/2 cup ancho chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 1 trimmed brisket with a layer of fat at least 1/4-inch thick, about 5 to 6 pounds
Dark Beer Mop, recipe follows
- 1 large red onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 serrano chiles, chopped
- 4 bottles of dark beer
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Mix together the spices in a small bowl. Rub the entire brisket with the spice mixture, place on a baking sheet, cover and let stand in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to 6 hours.
- Prepare the smoker according to manufacturer's directions. Place the brisket in the smoker, fat side down, and smoke for 4 to 5 hours or until extremely tender. Baste with the mop every 30 minutes.
Dark Beer Mop:
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan, season with salt and pepper and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com